How to Change WhatsApp Number Without Losing Chats [Follow the 8 simple steps]
Table of Contents
Do you want to change your WhatsApp number to a new one, but you are considering not losing your chat? No Fears! WhatsApp does not take any charge for changing to another number, nor will you lose your chat.
Most importantly, you can do it with your smartphone, and also the SIM card must be active as a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to you. This article will provide step by step guide on how to change your WhatsApp number without losing your chats.
How to Change WhatsApp Number Without Losing Chats
Follow the simple steps below:
- Open your WhatsApp application, click the three dots and then Tap “settings”
- In the setting, click “Account”
- The next menu brings out options. click on “change number”
- Once you click on “change number” A written message will appear showing “Changing your phone number will migrate your account info….” click on “next”
- The next menu shows where you can put your old WhatsApp number and also the new phone number. click “next after inputting it
- There will be a confirmation of what you have done. In the same menu, the user will be asked if they wish to notify their contacts
- The users click either “All contacts”, contacts i have”, or “custom”. when the users click on any of them, the WhatsApp contact info will be updated
- lastly, select Done.
You can now change your WhatsApp number without losing your chats. The steps provided are very simple to follow, they will help you to know how to change your WhatsApp number without losing chats. Don’t hesitate to share the post!