Natural Hair growth -7 things you need to do to grow your natural hair
The growing of natural hair otherwise known as virgin hair has been on the increase for some years now. But most people consider it as a tedious journey to embark on. This is because of the texture and different porosity as well as regiment that should be followed. For all the things being said, there is goodness. You can carry your virgin hair without stress.
What is virgin hair?
Virgin hair is the hair that has not been relaxed. That is no relaxer has been added to it. Although there are various issues that might come up, they should not scare you. Because there are solutions.
1. HAIR CREAM: You need to be careful of the hair cream you use. Most hair creams are made of various chemicals which might be harmful to the hair and the scalp. It is preferable to prepare it with natural items that are void of chemicals.
Get shea butter, coconut oil, palm kernel oil, dried moringa leaves, dried neem leaves, dry ginger and dry lemon.
Procedures: Add the oils at desired quantities then stir until the leave mix well. Your hair cream is ready for use.
Secondly, you can use carrot oil, coconut oil and even shea butter as your hair cream, Shea butter, coconut oil, moringa seed powder, lemon oil, palm kernel oil, aloe vera. Mix all ingredients and use it. It helps to retain the length of your hair.
2. HAIR DARKENER: You can make your hair darker without using dye or black hair shampoo. There are natural ways. It only takes consistency and patient.
a. Get a very ripe avocado pear, ripe banana, egg yolk and olive oil.
Procedure: Blend the avocado pear and banana. Whisk the egg yolk on a plate then pour the blended mixture into a plate and mix well, add the olive oil. Mix until it turns to a paste. Put it in your hair from the root to the tip of the hair. Carry for 30 minutes then wash with a shampoo. Try this thrice in a month. You will see the result. You can use palm kernel oil, it darkens the hair.
b. Buy four bags of black tea. Boil it in one cup of water. Allow it to cool for five minutes. Soak your hair with the tea for 30 minutes then rinse with warm water. Try this treatment at least twice a month. It does not only darkens hair but also stops hair breakage.
3. HAIR GROWTH: Hair growth is necessary as it is disappointing for your hair to remain stunted over time.
a. Do you know that paw-paw seed can enhance hair growth? What you need to do is to get paw-paw seed, dry it in the sun. Grind the seeds. Pour the grounded seed into your hair cream or shampoo and use it.
Recommended: Vitamins and hair growth
b. Rice water is also good for hair growth. When you parboil rice, sieve out the water, pour it into a pot or bottle for use. Get onion juice, 1 egg and coconut oil. Mix the onion juice, egg and coconut oil together. Add four teaspoons of rice water and stir. Apply it on your hair and carry it for two hours. Wash out with shampoo or Dudu Osun. Do it as often as you wash your hair.
c. Get five fingers of aloe vera and one big onion. Blend them. Use it on your scalp and stay for thirty minutes. Rinse with shampoo and oil your hair with any kind of oil.
4. HAIR DETANGLER: It is normal for natural hair to tangle especially after losing. Combing tangled hair is quite hard and stressful. It leads to hair breakage.
Here is a simple way to detangle your hair before combing. Get five fingers of okra, chop it, put it in a pot, add water and boil for 10 minutes. Bring it down and allow it to cool. Then sieve it to remove the seeds. Apply it to your hair and comb effortlessly.
b. Another way to detangle hair is to apply aloe vera gel on hair.
Get half cup of aloe vera, half cup of water, a half tablespoon of olive oil, half castor oil and vitamin E oil. Mix all ingredients together and use it on your hair. It serves as leave-in detangler.
5. SCALP TREATMENT: Some people might experience itching. Here is the remedy. Get bitter leaf or scent leaf, wash it, squeeze out the water and apply it on the scalp. Apply almond oil as well, it deals on an itchy scalp.
Get guava and neem leaves, crush them, squeeze the liquid and apply it to the scalp. Carry it overnight and wash it out the next day.
6. DANDRUFF REMOVER: Dandruff are white like flakes on the scalp that causes itching. It can be treated by using the following:
(a) Get your desired quantity of ginger and onion. Blend them, squeeze out the juice and apply it to your scalp. Cover your hair with a nylon or shower cap for thirty minutes then wash with black soap.
(b) Apply the juice from the lemon on your scalp.
(c) Blend ginger and garlic, sieve the juice and apply to your scalp.
(d) Get two eggs, one big onion, one lemon. Squeeze out the juice from the lemon into a plate. Whisk the egg with the onion juice. Mix it till it becomes pinkish. Apply it to your hair, leave it for twenty minutes. Then wash. Do it as a routine once every one week.
(e) Get one big cucumber, one lemon and one cider apple. Squeeze out the juice from all and use it to massage the scalp. Carry it for 10 minutes. Then wash it out.
Onion juice can also be used to treat dandruff.
7. EDGE GROWTH: Get curry leaves, ginger, coconut oil and onion. Grate ginger and onion, pour it into the pot of coconut oil. Add curry leaves too. Use it as hair cream especially at the edge. It grows the edges and makes the hair fuller.
Manufactured Hair Product that can be useful:
There are other hair products that can be used. Most of them are made from natural things. Amburn leaves, Chebe powder and Karkar oil, Ayurvedic herbs, Indian hemp oil, Ecostyler gel for the edges, Longrich shampoo, Emily millionaire set (deep conditioner, leave in conditioner, coconut hair cream, First class lady hair booster, Virgin hair fertilizer, Bhringraji Indian oil, Hair wonder, Cantu leave in conditioner, Mega Growth Deep conditioner, Mega Growth Leave in conditioner.
Read also: Why is My Hair Falling out?
Oils that are necessary for natural hair growth are:
- Olive oil
- Aloe vera oil
- Ginger oil
- Onion oil
- Coconut oil
- Palm Kernel oil
- Avocado pear oil
- Carrot oil
- Lavender oil
- Tea tree oil
- Neem oil