Scholarship For College Students – Charity Entrepreneurship Incubation Program 2023
Table of Contents
The Charity Entrepreneurship Incubation Program offers a fully-funded, two-month training program designed to equip a select group of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds with the essential resources and support needed to establish a leading charitable organization.
This program includes comprehensive training, assistance in finding suitable co-founders, access to a well-connected and collaborative community, an evidence-based and cost-effective intervention idea, and seed funding to kickstart their initiatives.
About Charity Entrepreneurship
Charity Entrepreneurship was established in June 2018 by Joey Savoie and Karolina Sarek as a project under the Charity Science Foundation of Canada. It originated from six months of thorough research in 2016 and led to the creation of two GiveWell-incubated charities: Charity Science Health and Fortify Health.
The primary objective of Charity Entrepreneurship is to facilitate the development of more impactful charitable organizations worldwide.
Charity Entrepreneurship Incubation Program
|Country to study||–|
|School to study||–|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|Application Deadline||September 30, 2023|
Aim And Benefits Of The Program
Throughout the Program, Charity Entrepreneurship offers the following support:
- Stipends: Participants are provided with monthly stipends, typically around £2,000, to cover their living expenses during the Incubation Program. These stipends are customized based on individual needs and are adjusted accordingly.
- Travel and Board Costs: Charity Entrepreneurship covers the expenses for travel and accommodation during the two-week in-person portion of the program, which takes place in London.
After completing the Program, if you are unable to start a charity for any reason, Charity Entrepreneurship offers the following support:
- Career Mentorship: They have a successful track record of connecting non-founder participants to research grants, related jobs, and other pathways to make an impact. They provide mentorship to help you explore alternative opportunities.
- Two-Month Stipends: Charity Entrepreneurship provides a safety net by offering two-month stipends to support you financially while you search for alternative opportunities.
- Continued Access to CE Community: You will have continued access to the Charity Entrepreneurship community through the Slack network. This allows you to stay connected, collaborate, and benefit from the knowledge and support of like-minded individuals.
Support after the Program
If you are accepted into the Charity Entrepreneurship incubation program, you will receive the following benefits:
- A seed grant of up to $200,000 to kickstart your organization.
- Operation and HR support to help you set up your organization quickly. For example, you will start with a US charitable fiscal sponsorship, which allows you to accept tax-deductible donations.
- Monthly mentorship meetings with the Charity Entrepreneurship team to guide you through the process.
- Access to a wide network of mentors and advisors who can provide valuable insights and guidance.
- Coaching from external experts in specific topics such as co-founder relations or monitoring and evaluation.
- Weekly “getting started” sessions for the first four weeks will help you navigate your charity’s early stages.
- Regular emails with relevant videos and resources to assist you in various aspects of your charity journey, such as hiring or charity registration.
- Monthly alumni call where you can share and receive knowledge from other incubated charities.
- Membership in a Slack group of over 100 charity founders and effective charity employees allows collaboration and networking.
- Support in WIX website design to help you create a professional online presence.
- Weekly social events in London and annual gatherings to connect with other members of the Charity Entrepreneurship community.
- Access to a knowledge and template base from the incubated charity network provides valuable resources and guidance.
Requirements For Program Qualification
- In summary, anyone interested in pursuing this career path is welcome!
- Nonprofit entrepreneurship represents an unconventional career choice that often goes unnoticed by the majority. Nevertheless, for those who find it suitable, establishing a charitable organization could lead to a profoundly impactful and rewarding journey.
Interview date, Process and Venue For Program
The duration of the Incubation Program is 8 weeks, and a 2-week in-person seed-funding process follows it.
September 30, 2023
How to Apply
If interested and qualified, Go to Charity Entrepreneurship at www.charityentrepreneurship.com to apply.
For more details, visit the Charity Entrepreneurship website.