Scholarship For Developing Countries – University Of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship 2023
Table of Contents
In 2019, the Faculty of Business and Economics, in collaboration with the Presidential Board of the University of Göttingen and the Faculty’s Development Economics professorships, established the “Stephan Klasen Fellowship” to recognize the contributions of Prof. Dr Dr. h.c. Stephan Klasen, PhD in the field of development economics and his dedication to supporting young researchers in Göttingen.
Prof. Stephan Klasen has played a significant role in expanding development economics in Göttingen and fostering interdisciplinary research through various collaborations and networks across different faculties.
As a result, Göttingen has become the largest and most prominent research hub for studying developing countries in Germany and internationally. He also established one of the first junior professorships at the Faculty of Business and Economics and has supervised 76 doctoral theses as the primary advisor.
Starting in 2021, the Stephan Klasen Fellowship will invite two postdoctoral fellows to Göttingen yearly for a one-year scientific exchange without any teaching obligations. The fellowship will be announced annually to attract eligible candidates.
About The University Of Göttingen
The University of Göttingen, also known as the Georg August University of Göttingen or Georgia Augusta, is a public research university in Göttingen, Germany.
It was established in 1734 by George II, the King of Great Britain and Elector of Hanover, with classes commencing in 1737. The university was founded to promote the principles of the Enlightenment.
University Of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship
|Organisation||University of Göttingen|
|Country to study||Germany|
|School to study||University of Göttingen|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|Application Deadline||October 31, 2022|
Aim And Benefits Of Fellowship
- The fellowship provides a monthly payment and, if relevant, allowances for children and families and a travel grant.
- The scholarship amount adheres to the scholarship awarding guidelines established by the University of Göttingen, derived from the guidelines set by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- The scholarship amounts are regularly updated to account for the cost of living in Göttingen, ensuring that scholarship recipients can maintain a comfortable standard of living.
Requirements For Qualification
- Candidates who are citizens of countries classified as low- and middle-income countries according to the OECD DAC list (http://www.oecd.org/dac/financing-sustainable-development/development-financestandards/daclist.htm) are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed a PhD in development economics or a related field before the fellowship’s commencement. One of the two fellowships will be specifically awarded to a female candidate.
- Preference will be given to individuals with disabilities with the same ability level.
October 31, 2022
How To Apply
You will need to prepare several application documents to apply for this opportunity. These include an academic CV, either a publication or a working paper, contact information for at least two academic references, and a research statement that is two pages long.
To submit your application, please send it to [email protected].
For more details, visit the University of Göttingen website