The University Of Toronto – Ontario Graduate Scholarship For International Students
The School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto is presently receiving applications from eligible and outstanding students who want to pursue a degree program at the University during the 2023-2024 academic year. These students may apply for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International Students.
The scholarship program is financed by the province of Ontario and the University, with the Province providing OGS awards to universities and indicating the number of awards each university can offer their students yearly.
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International Students (OGS) is valued at $5,000 per academic session. This means that successful applicants may receive $10,000 for two consecutive sessions or $15,000 for three consecutive sessions.
The graduate unit responsible for awarding the scholarship will pay one-third of the total amount awarded to the student. The scholarship is valid for a year, equivalent to two consecutive or three academic sessions. The graduate unit will determine the value and duration of each OGS award specified in the offer letter.
University of Toronto, Canada
The University provides a range of programs for students to obtain Masters and PhD degrees.
The scholarship provides financial support of $5,000 for one session, $10,000 for two consecutive sessions, or $15,000 for three consecutive sessions.
Applicants who meet the following requirements are considered eligible:
- Students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents who intend to enrol at the University of Toronto on a temporary resident visa (student study permit) can be considered for a limited number of OGS awards. However, their study permit must be valid during the graduate unit’s OGS international application deadline.
- You must be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person (as defined in subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act in Canada) by the deadline set by the graduate unit to be considered for the award.
- To be considered for the award, you must be enrolled or have plans to enrol in a full-time eligible program during the 2023-2024 academic year.
- To be eligible, the applicant should not have received more government-funded aid than the maximum allowed or surpassed the maximum OGS/QEII aid available for their current level of education.
- To be considered, the applicant must have achieved a minimum grade of A- (or its equivalent) in each of the last two years of their full-time equivalent study. Suppose the applicant has completed two or more years of graduate studies at the time of application. In that case, they must only show an overall average of A- (or equivalent) in all graduate courses they have completed.
Interested applicants must apply for OGS through the U of T School of Graduate Studies centralized online application system and submit their application to their intended graduate unit.
Each graduate unit has its own deadline for internal submission, which applicants must adhere to. It is recommended that applicants read the OGS Application Instructions before applying.
After completing and submitting the entire application online, the intended graduate unit will review and assess it. The deadline for applying is June 1, 2023.