How to Get JAMB Profile Code
Table of Contents
The JAMB profile code is essential for your jamb registration, and it can also be called the JAMB confirmation code because you can use it to make your UTME and Direct entry registration.
It is a 10-digit number sent to everyone who is registering for UTME and DE, and it is linked to your NIN. It is a compulsory requirement that must be completed when registering for JAMB to enable them to access your personal information, process your registration and verify your identity.
- UTME/JAMB 2024 Timetable: JAMB Releases Timetable for the UTME/JAMB 2024
- JAMB/DE 2024: JAMB Announces Increased Registration Fees for the 2024 JAMB/DE Examination
- How to upload your O’level result to the JAMB portal: A Helpful Guide
Following the announcement made by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), which states that all candidates should proceed with their registration and generation of the JAMB profile code, we have made this post to guide you on how you can easily get your JAMB profile code. Keep reading to find out how to get your JAMB profile code.
The Easy Ways of Generating Your JAMB Profile Code
There are only two ways of getting your JAMB profile code: dialling a USSD code or sending an SMS, but either way, you can be assured of its effectiveness and accuracy.
How to get your JAMB profile code via USSD code
to get your JAMB profile code by dialling a USSD code, here are the steps to follow;
- Pick your mobile phone and dial *55019*1*NIN# e.g. if your NIN is 23242526272 the dial *55019*1*23242526272#
- send press/click on the Send button
- You will receive an SMS containing your profile code and your full name (e.g. 4142434445 WALTER KNIGHT)
- USSD and Transfer Codes For all Banks: A guide to easy Banking
- Uniform Codes For All Networks: NCC Approves Same USSD Codes For All Networks
- Check BVN with these two simple steps -Mobile phone USSD code is best
- How to Check MTN Data Balance: 5 easy ways
- How to Check Your Number on MTN: No. 1 is the Easiest
How to get your Profile Through SMS
To get your profile code through the SMS method, this is what you’ll do
- Send NIN(space)11-digit NIN to 55019, e.g. NIN 23242526272 to 55019
- You will receive an SMS with your profile code and your full name, e.g. 4142434445 WALTER KNIGHT
NOTE: Save the SMS and keep the profile code safe for future use.
- JAMB Result is out 2 Easy ways to check your JAMB result
- JAMB Change of Course And Institution; A Possible Guide On The Jamb Change Of Course and Institution For 2023/2024
- Checking your O’level On Jamb Portal -3 Steps To Check If Your O’level Results Are Uploaded On The JAMB Portal
Precautions to take while creating your profile code
Here are the things you must take note of when creating your profile code
- Ensure that you have a Valid NIN
- Ensure that you are using the same phone number you used for your NIN
- You must never attempt using one NIN to create multiple profile codes
- Do not use another person’s NIN or GSM number that another person has used to create your profile code
- Jamb UTME Mass Failure -Major Causes of The UTME Mass Failure
- AE FUNAI Admission List 2023/2024 -check your Admission Status with this Easy steps
- How to Retrieve a lost Remita receipt the easy way
- Ensure you have enough airtime before requesting to get your profile code with the two methods mentioned above.
- If you have used the two methods and have not received feedback within 24 hours, contact the JAMB support via phone, email or social media.
- A service charge of N50 will be deducted per request you make
With the abovementioned methods, you can get your profile code and use it for your JAMB registration. These methods are either through SMS or USSD codes, and by using either of these two ways, you will receive your profile code in an SMS and your full name.
A service fee of N50 will be deducted when using these two methods, so you must have sufficient airtime before using them. Also, endeavour to follow the precautions for a positive result.