How to stop WhatsApp file auto download for Android users (images, audio and videos)
Table of Contents
Have you wondered why the file you never downloaded is in your phone gallery? Whatsapp has an auto-save feature. This downloads images, audio, videos, and other files to your gallery. Mostly, these files are irrelevant; sometimes, you delete them one after the other, but they continue downloading.
Here, we will explore how to stop WhatsApp file auto download. Follow the steps below and stop files from cluttering in your gallery.
How to stop WhatsApp file auto download for Android users
1. Open your WhatsApp application
2. Click on the three dots at the right side of your phone screen
3. select “settings”
4. On the settings menu, click on “Storage & data.”
5. under “media auto download” which includes mobile data, wifi and roaming, the three options click on all to disable photos, videos and audio from auto downloads
6. Remember to click “OK” after unchecking it
Possibly, you can still enable auto downloads, allowing the files to stay within WhatsApp only. Here is what to do
- Click on the three dots
- Click on “settings.”
- On the settings menu, click on chats and enable “media visibility.”
The steps provided on how to stop WhatsApp file auto download will help you disable automatic downloads of videos, images and audio. Also, you can still enable auto downloads, allowing the files to stay within WhatsApp only with the last steps shown above.